Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Auto Tycoon Steals Ideas From Hippie Folk Musician

Tip o' the biretta to Our Beloved Godfather for this tip:

Turns out Rick Wagoner, the CEO-slash-Bolshevik at GM, borrowed his big idea (cash in on government largesse) from folk icon Tom Paxton, whose 1979 classic "I'm Changing My Name to Chrysler" has recently been rewritten:

I am changing my name to Fannie Mae;
I am changing it to AIG.
On this bail-out I am betting;
Just a piece of what they’re getting,
Would be perfectly acceptable to me.

Click up top to listen, and while you're there don't miss a delightful number inspired by one of the vice-presidential candidates.  Can you guess which one?  Here's a hint:

Eastern liberals ask questions so obtuse;
They don’t have the sense to field-dress a moose.
But, if you’re buying Sarah Palin, let me tell ya,
That I have a Bridge To Nowhere I can sell ya.

No comments: