Our Patroness

Our Patroness

Sunday, January 03, 2010

UPDATE: 2.4 Million

That's how much master showman Rick Warren brought in with his recent appeal.

And here's a neat bit of megachurch trivia. He announced the good news during a sernon, by parading onstage 24 volunteers, each holding a giant check for one hundred thousand dollars.

When we close our eyes, they are all showgirls in sparkly bathing suits. You think?


Kate the Great said...

Perhaps he could spare the extra with the rest of us? I know of a deserving church in Long Island City...

PS (PSanafter-thought) said...

I heard that on CNN this morning and I was going to tell YOU. I suppose you are up earlier than we were. We were snuggled under the covers since is is minus 33 here. Eat your heart out.

Diane said...

all I can say is : YUCK.